utopia 365 - some of our clients
utopia 365 iPhone Development Services

Thursday 17 July 2008

Getting free video content onto your iPhone and Touch

I have been using YouTube to get some guitar lessons for my acoustic - there are some excellent resources available and some of the top tutors will post lessons on there.


That's fine for when I'm sat in front of my computer and have a web connection - but if I am out and about I don't have that luxury.

This is where TubeTV steps in....

TubeTV allows you to search, play and download YouTube videos. When you download, it converts them into an iTunes format where you can then sync onto your iPhone or iPod Touch. Great - I can now go anywhere - plug my headphones in while watching the lessons.

Of course - there is enough on YouTube to keep anyone entertained. If you have an iPhone or an iPod Touch and a Mac then TubeTV is a nifty bit of software worth having.... oh and it's free! (Donation Ware).

There is a nice piece of software out there to do the same with the excellent BBC iPlayer service, but unfortunately after a few changes at BBC the developer has to re-do some parts to get it working again. I hope this happens as again, this was a great bit of software that really works well for the iPhone and Touch.

I am not currently aware of a similar solution for services like HULU - let me know if there are any.

No comments:


 
Follow utopia 365 on Twitter
Subscribe to our RSS feed