utopia 365 - some of our clients
utopia 365 iPhone Development Services

Wednesday 23 July 2008

Happy with O2 UK

I was one of those people who got the original iPhone on the day of release, traveling up to London to pick one up.


When the 3G was announced I also was one of those who tried to order one online with o2 upgrades. I got so far but on the credit-card part their server bombed out with invalid requests.

That left me without my new 3G phone. My options were to either queue at an O2 store and see if I could get one or wait......At this point I could have been annoyed with O2 for having so little stock whilst Apple seemed to have plenty (even though when I was in the Regency store last weekend there was a 5 HOUR queue!!).

I gave O2 a call and a very polite lady said if I wanted to pop into an Apple Store and get a new phone then I could call them back, at that point they would switch things around and transfer my account to the new phone and cancel the old. Slightly dubious and worried I would end up with multiple accounts I decided to try it.

I popped into Apple Southampton yesterday. I went in with the view to purchase a white 16 gig but after seeing how soiled the ones in the shop were I thought I would go for black (I still prefer white!)....and of course, Apple have plenty of stock of 16 Gig iPhones. I sat in a queue for 30 mins and then purchased my nice new 16 Gig Black iPhone (well actually I bought two as I decided to buy my wife one for passing her CTA exams - WELL DONE BY THE WAY! 29% Pass rate and you were one of them. Fantastic). 

All went through fine and when I got home I called O2 Customer Services - within a couple of minutes of explaining all was in order, and after a few hours my contract was cancelled and I was able to place my existing SIM into the new phone. O2 were VERY helpful and VERY polite. I am seriously impressed with them. Good job O2 UK. Easy.




No comments:


 
Follow utopia 365 on Twitter
Subscribe to our RSS feed